Thursday 21 June 2012

Possible artists for the Music video

.

.
.When researching for British unsigned artists I came across the website 'Wavcloud' where you can research a particular genre that you like a find an unsigned artist who matches it.

 An artist who originally stood out to me is a female unsigned artist called Annie Whittingham who falls into the acoustic/folk music genre which is one of my favourites, I especially like the female vocal in this particular genre. Also on the website states her influences, one being Joni Mitchell who is a very authentic artist who makes very melodious music which support the very personal lyrics. Therefore as Joni Mitchell is her inspiration this shows what kind of music she makes herself.

The song which could be a possibility is called 'Another Song' which is featured on this link http://wavcloud.com/anniewhittingham/.

 Several of her other songs are shown on this site http://www.myspace.com/anniewhittingham/music/songs?filter=featured. My favourites for the video would be, 'Someday Soon' and 'Float Me Back Down' due to the soft tone of her voice and the several instruments she includes into her music add an extra appeal, as she plays the clarinet and piano in some of her songs.



Another artist that Robin Lubach the other member of my group has found will be posted in due course.

2 comments:

  1. Could you bring in your preferences on your IP3 player or anothr gadget, I can't play the single you've chosen on my pc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I had my speakers off!!! "Another Song" and "Float Me Back Down" are definitely the strongest. Particularly "Another Song", you still need to save them so we can put your choices to the class. Annie Whittingham has a strong voice.

    ReplyDelete